[Biojava-l] Reading pfam/Stockholm format

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:43:53 +0100

No, I don't think any of our current SeqIO code will handle
this format.  Certainly, I'm amazed that the EmblLikeFormat
got as far as it did -- STOCKHOLM format really isn't much
like EMBL at all (even in the headers, there's the
extra #=<tag> stuff, to be confusing).

I don't know much about the HMMer alignment parser, but
a quick look suggests that it's designed to parse a rather
different format.  Simon?

I think there's some kind of support for this in BioPerl,
but I couldn't say for sure.

    Thomas.