[Biojava-l] Protein Structure

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:40:01 +0100

Thomas Down wrote:

> No, there isn't a 3d structure object model in BioJava
> at the moment, although there has been a certain amount
> of interest (we do, for instance, have a parser for PDB
> files, contributed by the developers at Cambridge Antibody
> Technology).

Hi,

As stated in the JavaDocs for the PdbSAXParser, I would not recommend that
anyone use it.   It's both an experimental (i.e. the actual SAX events are
subject to change without notice) and an early (i.e. buggy) version.

In principle, I could upload a more recent version (fewer bugs!) into the cvs.
But I'm not convinced we've got close enough to a final design to make it
sensible for people to actually use.

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.