[Biojava-l] FramedFeature interface

Eric Blossom elb@BlossomAssociates.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:23:17 -0700 (PDT)

It might help to keep separate the notion of internal models and external
formats. Parsers and exporters can be the liason between internal models
and external formats. This includes GUI visualization. One possibility
might be to use 0 based numbering internally and the appropriate numbering
for external formats as well as letting a user choose a numbering style in
a GUI.

This might allow some flexibility and promote the reuse of packages that
are not bio-oriented. Many of these use 0 based numbering.

cheers,
Eric Blossom