[Biojava-l] Want to join...

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:41:32 +0000 (GMT)

On 31 Oct 2001, Vijay Kumar wrote:

> I am a software professional. Having spent about 5 years in the industry
> writing programs one after another, I am trying to find a more apt use for my
> programming skills.
>
> I have been working extensively in Java for the past 3 years. I could see that
> you are doing the kind of work that interests me.
>
> Please let me know how I can contribute to this initiative.

It's pretty simple.  Select an area of interest to you and start coding.
I would say microarray support could be an upcoming hot area.

Alternatively, you might want to start with some of the existing code and
either debug or extend it which is what I've been focusing on more of
late.  You might like to take a look at the dynamic programming code for
example.

Regards,
David Huen