[Biojava-l] Change to SimpleTranslationTable

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:02:28 +0100

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 04:16:38PM -0400, Cox, Greg wrote:
> The use case I'm dealing with is translating 'n' (any DNA nucleotide,
> a,c,g,t) to 'n' (any RNA nucleotide, a,c,g,u).  I'm not sure how to
> translate what you've outlined into code, could you expand a bit more.
>
> I won't commit anything until this gets straightened out.

surely the approach I gave, of individually translating
all the matches of an ambiguity symbol, then looking up
the appropriate symbol for the translated set, should work
nicely.  In this case:

           trans(n)
        == trans([a c g t])
        == [trans(a) trans(c) trans(g) trans(t)]
        == [u g c a]
        == n             <now the RNA n>

   Thomas