[Biojava-l] Questions

Ron Kuhn rkuhn@Cellomics.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:29:28 -0400

Is there a forum related to the BIOJAVA software??? That is really where I
should be posting this email.

I am trying to use your software to parse Genbank and SwissProt flat files.
I made 2 fixes (1 for each) and all seems to work fine. I am successfully
parsing the files and interpretting sequences. My only problem is that the
information about the references to the sequences should be heirarchical (in
SwissProt - the RP, RX, RA, RT and RL fields relate to a specific RN) but
the object used to hold the reference information (Annotation) is NOT (XML
is though). If multiple RNs exist and 0 or more RTs exist per RN, then how
are we supposed to relate the RTs to the correct RN???
Thanks,
Ron Kuhn