[Biojava-l] Possible Submission

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
15 Oct 2001 18:50:06 +0100

    Robert> I have developed a parsing framework called LSAX that I
    Robert> would like to submit to BioJava.  It was inspired by the
    Robert> work of Cambridge Antibody Technology (Simon Brocklehurst
    Robert> et al.) on the BioJava BlastLikeSaxParser.  The idea is
    Robert> the same -- create a bridge between XML applications and
    Robert> Non-XML data.  The difference between the CAT parser and
    Robert> LSAX is in the design of the raw file parser.  I use LEX
    Robert> (actually JFLEX) to tokenize the raw data files and
    Robert> generate Start, Data, and End SAX events.

This would be great. I've been looking jealously at JFlex and wishing
I could use it "out of the box" to plug into SAX for BioJava. The
nirvana of not writing parsers beckons...

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA