[Biojava-l] About the GNOME project

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:08:43 +0100

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:21:13PM +0530, Amit Kaushik wrote:
> Hi,

Hi, and welcome to the list.

> I am new to this mailing list and to this project also.Can anybody help for finding some good tutorial about this GNOME project and how can i use this java API also.

BioJava doesn't have any connection with the GNOME desktop
project (http://www.gnome.org/).  It's a specifically Java
API for developing Bioinformatics applications.

If you're interested in writing programs which use BioJava,
there are installation instructions at:

   http://www.biojava.org/docs/started.html

There's also some tutorial documentation (not as much as there
should be really, but that's another story...) at:

   http://www.biojava.org/tutorials/index.html

If you've got any questions about the API, there should be
someone on this list who can answer them.

Good luck!

    Thomas.