[Biojava-l] Re: Re: Re: Gene expression data/microarrays (this is getting Re-y)

Manuel Simoni ms19802@i-one.at
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 18:13:49 +0200

Matthew Pocock wrote:
>Feel free to pillage any code from the expression-browser code-base. You
>will find it realy nasty. We should realy start implementing
>MAML-complient APIs. For the data-storage, we should probably use the
>COLT library from Cern as it gives us high-performance matrix maths code.

Thanks Matthew and everybody else who sent me pointers!

Is MAML the (current) last word on microarrays? I feel that getting an
overview of the emerging standards is pretty hard.

Currently I am using self-developed ways to manage the data, but it's not
well organized. (The Annotatable structures from biojava seem to be useful
here.)

I'll look at COLT, I haven't heard of this before.

Thanks again,

Manuel