[Biojava-l] AssembledSymbolList

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:04:50 +0100

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 12:36:50PM +0100, Matthew Pocock wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been using AssembledSymbolList inside the Acedb bridge and run into
> a gotcha. I was assuming that by calling putComponent(ComponentFeature)
> that the assembly would grow in length, but apparently not. I seem to
> need to call setLength(int) explicitly. Is there any problem with me
> modifying the file to have a 'grow as needed' vs 'exact length'
> behavior? What is meant to happen?

I don't have strong feelings either way.  I think the
reason I started off with `explicit setLength' was to handle
cases where there is a section of unknown sequence at the end
of the assembly.  But I guess there's no problem doing
grow-as-needed as well, so long as setLength() is available
to those who need it.

   Thomas.