[Biojava-l] Re: Interpro Java API source code

Tom Oinn biojava-l@biojava.org
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:54:35 +0000

> Ungsik Yu wrote:
>
> Dear Mr. Tom Oinn:
>
> I read your posting on BioJava mailing list.
> I would like to try your EBI InterPro Java API.
> Is it possible to receive the source of the API?

Currently the InterPro and GO APIs are separate, the former being under
development and the latter being more stable. The full sources may be
downloaded (source .jar file) from
http://golgi.ebi.ac.uk/ego/index_internal.html. In order to read from a
different data source (obviously you won't be able to access our oracle
instance), you simply need to create a new implementation of the
GoTermFactory class, plug it into a cache (you don't have to, but
performance will be bad otherwise), then use as the API suggests.

In the near future, the GO and InterPro codebases will be converged, so
the factory architecture that the GO classes currently use can be
applied to InterPro as well, this means that you will be able to write
code that operates as if the entirety of interpro, swiss-prot and the
gene ontology are in memory, which should simplify a few things...

Hope this helps,

Tom