[Biojava-l] Visualisation??

Warren, Jonathan Jonathan.Warren@astrazeneca.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:30:08 -0000

Hello BioJava people.

This is general call for information on biojava/Ensembl.

I'm developing a visualisation tool for presenting biological
sequences/features as graphics blocks (not showing the bases) on a backbone
(according to their start-stop positions), rather like the Ensembl viewer
does.

As the Ensembl project is going to move to Java I assume there are
objects/interfaces and methods that I could use??? Could someone point me in
the right direction or give me examples related to this type of biological
display?? How far has the Ensembl java got??

I have already developed a prototype viewer, but I am now trying to 'open it
up' to represent different types of biological data and would like it to be
compatible with BioJava stuff and Ensembl.

Any tips- hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan.