[Biojava-l] InterPro, Gene Ontology etc classes

Tom Oinn tmo@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:52:10 +0000

Hi all,

I've been writing a set of classes for read only manipulation of both
InterPro (current project) and the Gene Ontology (last month!). Given
that I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses these systems, would it
make sense to incorporate them into biojava somewhere? They don't fit
into the current code base, which is fairly sequence centric, but they
might be useful to someone. For anyone interested, the API of the
current interpro code base (under development, should be stable and
deployed within a month, hopefully a lot sooner) is available at :

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~tmo/ipro4/api

I'd be grateful if someone or someones could take a look and give me
your thoughts on whether it would be sane to integrate this into the
bio* stuff. Anyone on site is welcome to call round and talk more
directly if you're interested.

Cheers,

Tom Oinn