[Biojava-l] SymbolTokenizations are in

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:33:39 +0000

Hi...

I've just completed the landing of the SymbolTokenizations
code: it's on the developer's CVS server now, and should
propogate to the anonymous CVS server shortly.  Everything
seems to be working properly from here.  All existing tests
pass, plus a few extras which I've added to test the
SymbolTokenization objects themselves.

If anyone else is seeing any problems with this, please let me know
ASAP.

Some code (mainly things which explicityly used SymbolParser
objects) will need a little work to use SymbolTokenizations
instead, as explained in an earlier message.  If you have
any problematic code, I'm happy to help out with porting it.

If you still need a pre-symboltokenization BioJava for any
reason, I tagged the last version before I checked the
patch in as `before-symboltokenizations'.  I'd like to avoid
this growing into a full branch, but it is possible if
necessary.

Anyway, I hope that the change isn't too painful, and that
everyone likes the new API.  There will be a few more changes
behind the scenes in the Symbol department over the next few
weeks, but most of this shouldn't affect existing public
API at all.

    Thomas.