[Biojava-l] [BioJava] Computational biology project

Teena N Werley teena@CS.Arizona.EDU
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:39:49 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

Recently, a Princeton grad student, Jace, was looking for a project to do
for his bioinformatics class. Well, I'm in a similiar position as Jace
except I'm not at Princeton and I'm not a grad student. :) I do however
would like to take suggestions on a project.

I'm a Computer Science senior at University of Arizona. I've a B.S. in
Molecular and Cellular Biology from here as well. I'm taking 500 level
bioinformatics course taught by Dr. David Mount. Since I had the temerity
to register for the grad level course as an undergrad, I now have a
project due at the end of the semester.

I currently work for Dr. John Kececioglu implementing computationl biology
algorithms in C so I am familiar with the field. However, I'm very
interested in the Open Source Bioinformatics Projects.  Since I TA for
intro and intermediate level OOP and Java courses in the CS department
here, I would love to learn more about BioJava.

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions!

--
Teena Werley   teena@cs.arizona.edu
http://www.cs.arizona.edu/~teena/