[Biojava-l] problems getting packages recognized

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:32:05 +0000

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 12:39:50PM -0500, Andy Hunsucker wrote:
> Yes, this class is outside the heirarchy.  When I compile the program, it
> gives a "cannot resolve symbol" error on the line in which I instantiate the
> variable to use in the program.  For instance:
>
> RNA gc = new RNA();
>
> It will give me an error on this line.  But when I remove the import
> commands from the "RNA" class, it works fine.
>
> Any other ideas?

Still sounds strange.  I've seen BioJava working on Windows
'98 in the past, and it's been fine.

Do you have all the required jar files: biojava.jar,
bytecode.jar, xerces.jar?

It would be helpful if you could post the code you're
trying to compile (or at least a cut-down version), and
paste the complete set of errors you're seeing.

    Thomas.