[Biojava-l] problems getting packages recognized

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 07:50:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Andy Hunsucker wrote:

> I'm having some problems with a program I'm writing.  I've got all
> the biojava code written in a seperate class from my main program.  I

Do I correctly assume that this class is outside of the biojava source
hierarchy as well?

> keep getting "cannot resolve symbol" errors whenever I try to call that
> class's constructor.  I've traced the problem to the fact that my system
> will not recognize the biojava packages.  I'm running Java2 1.3, and

Are these compile time errors?  What does it claim not to find
specifically?

> I've tried it on both windows 2000 and windows 98.  I've tried using the
> "-classpath" modifier, as well as putting the files in the path.  I
> would really appreciate any help I can get if anyone has any ideas.

I've certainly used biojava in NT where I set the classpath in the
environment variables and it works there.  I can't comment on Win98 but
someone else here will certainly use it and be able to assist (I only use
W98 for games).

Regards,
David Huen