[Biojava-l] Re: Biojava-l digest, Matching GenBank Entries to NLM's MeSH Terms

Lichun Wang lcwang@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:33:58 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 biojava-l-request@biojava.org wrote:

> Message: 2
> From: "Ron Kuhn" <kuhnra@hotmail.com>
> To: biojava-l@biojava.org
> Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 07:54:44 -0500
> Subject: [Biojava-l] Matching GenBank Entries to NLM's MeSH Terms
>
> Are there any programs or DBs that match GenBank and SwissProt entries to
> MeSH terms?
> Thanks,
> Ron

As I know, there is no direct matching at the moment.

But from GenBank Entries, you can get
MedlineID. Given the MedlineId, you can get NLM's Mesh Terms
from BQS (Bibliographic Query Service, OMG lifesci specification)
that is being implemented at EBI and will be avaliable in a very near
future.

When BQS is avaliable, from XEMBL (http://www.ebi.ac.uk/xembl/), given a
GenBank Entries (e.g., accession number), you will be able to get NLM's
MeSH Terms.

Or you can write your own simple CORBA client that access to EMBL server
and BQS: given a GenBank Entries (e.g., accession number), you will be
able to get NLM's MeSH Terms.

Lichun

Lichun Wang, PhD
EMBL Outstation       	             Tel:  +44 (0)1223 494 661 (O)
European Bioinformatics Institute    Fax:  +44 (0)1223 494 468
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD          Email: lcwang@ebi.ac.uk
United Kingdom                       http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~lcwang/