[Biojava-l] Serializable

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 15:31:04 +1300

Hi -

I have noticed that serialization is sporadically and poorly supported,
some classes that implement the Serializable interface aren't
serializable because some of their members are not. Some inner classes
are serilizable whereas the outer class isn't so effectivley the inner
class isn't either.

I am going to commit a fixs to some of the problems I have noticed
however we should have a think about this as cool java things like RMI
and EJB seem to depend on serialization.

Mark

Mark Schreiber
Bioinformatics
AgResearch Invermay