[Biojava-l] JUnit tests require JUnit 3.7

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
30 May 2001 09:47:43 +0100

As of a yesterday I noticed that a bunch of tests (*LocationTest) fail
to compile because the assertTrue() method can't be found. After
hunting around I discovered that this only exists in JUnit 3.7,
released 11 days ago (I'm using JUnit 3.6, which is how I noticed).

>From JUnit 3.7 readme:

* Introduced Assert.assertTrue(boolean) and assertTrue(String,
  boolean) deprecated assert(boolean) and assert(String, boolean) in
  preparation for the assert keyword in Java 1.4. We plan to support
  native assertions when they are publicly available. You can either
  move to assertTrue() or wait for 1.4 and delete parentheses as the
  syntax is e.g. "assert 2 == 3".

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA