[Biojava-l] JDK 1.4 in beta release

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Wed, 30 May 2001 09:01:07 +1200

Hi-

Is it reasonable to include the Logging API? I am in two minds about this.

On the up side it gives good information for debugging and fine tunning
which can be nice for group projects and it can also let you know what is
going on inside those more complicated objects.

On the downside it tends to bloat the code and enforcing standards will be
difficult, also the task of retrofitting the legacy biojava with logging
information will be long and boring.

Any votes for or against?

Mark

Mark Schreiber