[Biojava-l] Stax, Delegation manager and other mysteries

Dr S.M. Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Thu, 24 May 2001 16:38:52 +0100 (BST)

I've been looking at StAX and the XFF parser sources to try to figure out
how the StAX framework can be adapted to my purposes (parse GAME files).

I've come across the DelegationManager interface but I can't seem to find
a class that implements it in biojava.  Who supplies the DelegationManager
functionality and how does it work?

The other question I am confused about is how the XFF parser returns a
possibly compound feature of the biojava type?  I see that a class
variable in FeatureHandler than holds the template and other derived
classes that handle particular data types that themselves have templates
but where/how in the sources do these features get attached to the
root feature?  What am I missing here?

Should I be using StAX yet or is it better at this stage to stay with SAX
itself?

Thanks
David Huen, Univ. of Cambridge, U.K.