[Biojava-l] Genbank format -- StreamWriter problems

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
14 May 2001 20:31:24 +0100

Hi David,

I think that this problem was caused by whitespace at the end of the
file. The code only looked two characters ahead and assumed that if
there was an end-of-record separator (//) and no EOF, there must be
another sequence.

I fixed this in 1.1. The behaviour is now to ignore trailing
whitespace and to issue a non-fatal warning about whitespace between
records, before swallowing it and moving to the next.

I also implemented writeSequence for Genbank when I added it for EMBL
(in 1.1, I'm pretty sure).

Try 1.1 or the development version and see if that helps.

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA