[Biojava-l] Query about latest changes

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 09 May 2001 13:22:28 +0100

Dr S.M. Huen wrote:

> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Matthew Pocock wrote:
>

>> Stonking set of updates - I'd been worrying about how to fix the
>> rendering glitches for weeks. You are in Cambridge, England? Let's get
>> the local contingent together and find a pub to celebrate.
>>

> Wow, best idea all week!  Sounds good to me.
>
> I thought of writing a renderer to show stops in six frames and place the
> ziggys for CDSs into the frames (a la Artemis).  Is someone doing that
> already?

Be my guest. The way to do this is to write your six-frame stop renderer
vanilla, and then to write a new FeatureRenderer class that wraps an
ordered list of child FeatureRenderer instances. They are guaranteed to
be rendered from first to last, so that if you add the CDS renderer
first and the 6-frame stop renderer last, you will get the desired effect.

6-frame stop is worth checking into the core cvs package.