[Biojava-l] DAS/Artemis stuff

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
30 Mar 2001 16:23:42 +0100

I had a go with the DAS client, connecting to the Ensembl reference
server. No problems and v. nice too.

Had this idea that Artemis should be able to be a DAS client, or at
least be able to grok BioJava Sequences. I'm writing a couple of
classes which will allow Artemis to display anything implementing the
Sequence interface, which should be pretty straightforward (read-only,
anyway).

After that, I'll have a bash with the DAS client toolkit and see what
I can cook up by way of input from the server(s).

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA