[Biojava-l] FiniteAlphabet.symbols() depreciated

Emig, Robin Robin.Emig@maxygen.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:56:30 -0800

	I just wanted to find out the rationalization for why
FiniteAlphabet.symbols() was depreciated? The reason is that I have the
following code:

//for each dcodon, get possible codons

currelist.add(((FiniteAlphabet)dcodon.getMatches()).symbols().toList()));

dcodon is a symbol based on an 3xDNA alphabet, and could contain
ambiquities.

Now, I'm a little unsure about how to proceed. I could get an iterator and
then add all the items to a list one at a time, kinda messy. Is there a
better way? Or should we keep the .symbols() method?
-Robin