[Biojava-l] migrating to biocorba 0.2

Solbrig, Harold R. Solbrig.Harold@mayo.edu
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:37:51 -0600

Jason,

What you are seeing is the effects of the shift from BOA to POA.  You
definitely want to go with the new output, as it is required to making POA
work.  There are several good documents on the web regarding how to move
from BOA to POA without *too* much pain - I'll get back to you with a couple
that I found quite helpful.

Harold Solbrig
Mayo Clinic

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Stajich [mailto:jason@chg.mc.duke.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 11:25 AM
To: BioJava List
Subject: [Biojava-l] migrating to biocorba 0.2

I'm running java 1.3, idlj comes with it rather than idltojava.

When I run it I get an interface produced:

package org.biocorba.seqcore;

/**
* org/biocorba/seqcore/PrimarySeq.java
* Generated by the IDL-to-Java compiler (portable), version "3.0"
* from ../idl/biocorba.02-01-2001.idl
* Monday, March 26, 2001 12:09:22 PM EST
*/

// have the identical value.
public interface PrimarySeq extends PrimarySeqOperations,
org.biocorba.seqcore.A
nonymousSeq, org.omg.CORBA.portable.IDLEntity
{
} // interface PrimarySeq

VERSUS the old PrimarySeq.java generated interface

/*
 * File: ..\SRC/ORG/BIOCORBA/SEQCORE/PRIMARYSEQ.JAVA
 * From: BIOCORBA.11-02-2000.IDL
 * Date: Fri Feb 11 14:53:21 2000
 *   By: idltojava Java IDL 1.2 Aug 18 1998 16:25:34
 */

package org.Biocorba.Seqcore;
public interface PrimarySeq
    extends org.omg.CORBA.Object, org.omg.CORBA.portable.IDLEntity,
            org.Biocorba.Seqcore.AnonymousSeq {
    String display_id();
    String primary_id();
    String accession_number();
    int version();
}

I ran this as idlj -fall ../idl/biocorba.02-01-2001.idl

None of the methods are showing up in the interface.  Anyone else had
experience? I'm just following the sun IDL docs
(http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/idl/GShome.html)

-jason
Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu