[Biojava-l] ChangeEvent

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 16:47:06 +0000

Hi all,

Sory about the volume of mail from me today - hope I haven't been
cloging your in-box too badly. I've been using the ChangeEvent system
while refactoring the sequence rendering code. Thomas and I originaly
wrote this stuff, but I keep forgetting the method names on ChangeEvent
for retrieving the old/new values. Currently they are:

old: getPrevious
new: getChange

Can I change these to

old: getOldValue
new: getNewValue

Is there a better way to name these methods? It is always a sign that
things need changing when the original authors can't remember the names
:-) The signatures of the constructors could be changed to something
more explicit like:

ChangeEvent(java.lang.Object source, ChangeType type, java.lang.Object
newValue, java.lang.Object oldValue, ChangeEvent chain)

Again, I keep getting the order wrong, and the docs don't stick in my
mind long enough.

Matthew

ps this won't affect the release branch at all, only the main trunk
development