[Biojava-l] Another release push?

David Huen David Huen <smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:41:13 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Thomas Down wrote:

> Can I propose the following roadmap:
>
>   BioJava 1.2:  Freeze sometime in the next couple of weeks.
>                 Hopefully add more test cases and so on before
>                 release around the time of BOSC.
>
>   BioJava 2.0:  Aim to integrate Matthew's query model, plus
>                 the naming and directory interfaces discussed at
>                 the bootcamp.  Release: target december/january.

There have been so many changes since 1.1 that I'd say go for the above
schedule.  I'll push to get Ragbag ready for 1.2 (set of classes to permit
a user to make virtual sequence contigs without coding).  It's a working
alpha now.

Perhaps some of the time between 1.2 and 2.0 can be invested into
writing documentation?  We'll need it when the number of interested
parties rises and this list gets a much increased load of basic queries.
BOSC can only increase interest.

Regards,
David Huen, Dept. of Genetics, Univ. of Cambridge