[Biojava-l] LocationTools + Decoratorated Locations = ?

Schreiber, Mark mark.schreiber@agresearch.co.nz
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:46:59 +1200

Excuse my ignorance but why on earth would you ever want to do this?

The physical aspects of circular sequences suggests that locations on
sequences of differing lengths should not be allowed to intersect. One
particular application might be where does location 700-900 lie on a new
circular plasmid after  a 200 bp fragment has been inserted at location
755-761. I think this is a little beyond the capabilities of the
intersection/ union methods

Mark