[Biojava-l] Blast support

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:25:10 +0100

"Wiepert, Mathieu" wrote:

> It would be very easy to do, I haven't done that yet.  Which reminds me, I
> have some other code I better put soon.  All that needs to be done is to add
> a few if checks to 2 or 3 modules.  Then see if it breaks.  If it doesn't
> then the format didn't change.  Anyone know if the format changed?
> -Mat

Hi Mat,

I believe the format has changed a little.  BTW, you don't need to change any
code to check if a new program version output breaks the parser. All you need to
do is run the parser in lazy mode and see if you have problems (lazy mode simply
tries to recognise the program e.g. NCBI Blast, WU-Blast, HMMER etc., and if the
program is recognised, parsing is attempted even if the specific version of the
program isn't supported).

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.