[Biojava-l] Blast support

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:20:57 +0100

"Cox, Greg" wrote:

> The docs for the BlastLikeSAXParser specify that NCBI Blast version 2.0.11
> is the only one that's supported.  The current version is 2.1.3; is anyone
> upgrading the parser, or have some feel for how difficult this would be?

Hi,

We are getting ready a bunch of stuff to check in. That is:

Proper HMMER support, configurable HTML visualisation of results that conform
to the DTD - so that means it should hopefully work for e.g.

o NCBI Blast
o WU-Blast
o HMMER
o FASTA

Also support for the latest version of BLAST, and additional score information
(a request from the biojava bootcamp).

Finally, in private e-mails, I've been told that others are in the process of
adding support for additional versions of WU-BLAST to the one that's already
in the framework, and hopefully these additions will be checked in soon too.

Simon
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.
Head of Bioinformatics & Advanced IS