[Biojava-l] Nasty CompoundLocation `issue' -- incompatible change

Michael Dickson mdickson@netgenics.com
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:36:04 -0400

I'd like to chime in and say that I'm not crazy about the approach
either.  Static methods on singletons that behave as factories is one
thing but in an implementation class I feel that the contstructor (or a
seperate initializer method in complex cases like this one) are a better
choice.

We get alot of cool stuff from BioJava so its not a major issue but I
did want to weigh in with my opinion.

Mike