[Biojava-l] Dazzle server-client bottlenecks

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:48:26 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Thomas Down wrote:

> PS. David: how far did you get with DAS-over-compressed-streams?
>     Given that I'm often finding I'm shifting around a megabyte
>     or two of (highly redundant) feature-table XML when viewing
>     a largish region, I think compression could really pay
>     dividends here (especially for modem users!).

It's working code now.  On the server side the only modification is in
DazzleServlet.java.

On the client side, I modified FeatureFetcher and DasSequence (I think).

It still needs cleaning up on the DASGFF side where I may not have covered
all the cases on the server side.

I'll send you what I have (which works) tonight but I should make a
cleaner version prior to release.  All my dev code is on my home machine
which I can't get to from here.

David