[Biojava-l] request/proposal for change to BlastLike DTD

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:50:47 +0100

"Wiepert, Mathieu" wrote:

> Simon,
>         Awhile ago you had mentioned changing from the DTD to a schema.
> Have you put any work into that?  Schema is now a w3C recommendation, so we
> should probably move over to that soon.  I did try a simple conversion from
> the DTD to schema with XML Spy, but that did not work, and I didn't pursue
> it.

Mat,

My *preference* is to move to Schema as soon as people are comfortable with
that.  If that time is now, let's do it.  But I don't have a problem if not -
DTDs work fine for the particular XML format we have here.

S.
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.
Head of Bioinformatics & Advanced IS