[Biojava-l] More puzzled with Dazzled

David Huen smh1008@cus.cam.ac.uk
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 20:35:51 +0100 (BST)

I've finally got RagbagDataSource serving all manner of formats via
Dazzle. It serves the 900 kb leftmost tip of Drosophila X-chromosome in
GAME, Embl and genbank formatted files. Performance seems OK beyond the
initial parse scanning run (to check collate feature types available
mainly, without this I could start much faster).

However, I have new problems to resolve.  First is how does
servlet.sanger.ac.uk deliver hierarchical features?  I have constructed
Biojava feature trees that are nested (exons in transcripts in genes) but
Dazzle 0.90 returns them as GFF with a flat structure leading me to lose
the ability to do ziggies and such-like.  Is there a way to persuade
Dazzle to do it with a particular datasource?

What is servlet running? Is it Dazzle or something else altogether?

Regards,
David Huen, Dept. of Genetics, Univ. of Cambridge