[Biojava-l] A newbie question

madavh00 madavh00" <Hannah_M_Madavaram@sbphrd.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:52:19 -0500

I am trying to use the biojava packages within a servlet. And when I try
from code from EmblToGffFasta.java from within the servlet  I get the
following error

java.lang.ClassCastException
rethrown as org.biojava.bio.BioError: Unable to initialize AlphabetManager
at org.biojava.bio.symbol.AlphabetManager

The lines of code follow
      Alphabet alpha = DNATools.getDNA();
      SymbolParser rParser = alpha.getParser("token");

Can you help me resolve this. I am using Biojava 1.01 Java SDK v 1.2.2

Thanks
Hannah

The opinions expressed in this communication are my own, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.