[Biojava-l] Bibliographic objects & NCBI's Pubmed

Juha Muilu muilu@ebi.ac.uk
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:53:23 +0000

Hi
I am forwarding Martin Senger's reply, he is not on the list.

> > The citation model developed at the National Library of Medicine, which is fairly
> > robust and has been in use for many years in Medline, has been implemented and
> > extended in NCBI's Pubmed. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed .)

   The specification developed in the OMG Life Science Research group
(as
mentioned before by Mike Dickson) was designed after studying several
data
models, and one of them was the Pubmed. I believe (and even more, we are
now working on implementation of it) that the LSR specification can be
used to access "any" bibliographic repository and still provide data in
an
interoperable way. The details of the data model (and the spec itself)
can
be found at http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger/BQS/ (which is only a
temporary URL - the right one later will be
http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/openBQS/), especially at
http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger/BQS/web.

   Regards,
   Martin