[Biojava-l] URN/URI?

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:01:44 +0000

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 11:35:11AM +1300, Mark Schreiber wrote:
> Another newbie question,
>
> What is the URN parameter in SimpleSequence? Is it the same as the URI
> parameter in SimpleSequenceFactory? Is this documented elsewhere and if so
> can a link be added to the documentation??

Yes, it is the same.  The getURN() accessor in the Sequence
interface really ought to be called getURI() -- it's a
historical accident that it isn't, but I suspect their might
be some dissent if we change it now (if people think the change
/is/ a good idea, please speak out).

There's some explanation of getURN() in the tutorials, but maybe
we do need some more detail in the javadoc -- I'll fix that
in a minute, if nobody else is on this one.

``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''
           -- Terry Pratchett