[Biojava-l] Immutable objects and ChangeListeners

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
08 Jan 2001 20:49:49 +0000

[..]

    >> As the methods are not allowed to throw exceptions, how can you
    >> politely say "Are you sure you want to listen for changes -
    >> this object is immutable" ?

    Thomas> No, please don't get into this.  We've got lots of
    Thomas> interfaces where both mutable an immutable implementations
    Thomas> are potentially useful.

[..]

Okay, no problem. I had put stubs in because I had seen it done
elsewhere, but I wanted to understand the reason behind it to be sure
it was appropriate here too.

cheers,

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA