[Biojava-l] JAXP 1.1

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:30:13 +0000

People using BioJava and XML might be interested to know
that there's now an LGPLed implementation of JAXP1.1
(note: JAXP is just the compatibility layer for pluggable
XML parsers -- not a parser implementation in it's own
right).  This potentially opens the way for us to move
back to using pluggable parsers in the BioJava core.

I'd guess that it's probably not worth making this change
before 1.1 now (is anyone out there unhappy about BioJava
being tied to Xerces-J?), but it could be a worthwhile
move in the future.

If you want to see the code, try:

  http://oje.sourceforge.net/

``If I was going to carry a large axe on my back to a diplomatic
function I think I'd want it glittery too.''
           -- Terry Pratchett