[Biojava-l] EMBL format resources

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
28 Feb 2001 10:19:24 +0000

Hi,

In order to correctly write EMBL we need to know which qualifiers have
double quotes around them etc. I'm intending to put an XML version of
the available qualifiers (and their scope and type) according to the
feature table definition
(www.ebi.ac.uk/embl/Documentation/FT_definitions/feature_table.html)
into the resources directory.

Before I make one, does anyone already have such a beast?.

I'm not going to implement any qualifier checking yet
e.g. /codon_start can only have values 1, 2 or 3, some qualifiers have
a limited scope (only valid for certain feature keys), some feature
keys have mandatory qualifiers etc. because the parser doesn't enforce
this type of thing. However, in the longer term it might prove useful
to be able to switch on some sort of checking.

Keith

--

-= Keith James - kdj@sanger.ac.uk - http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj =-
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA