[Biojava-l] MSFAlignmentFormat and jakarta-regexp

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:10:30 +0000

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 09:01:24AM -0500, Cox, Greg wrote:
> I checked out BioJava this morning, and MSFAlignmentFormat doesn't compile;
> it can't find org.apache.regexp.  There's also no @author tag, so I don't
> know who committed it.  I assume that jakarta-regexp has the files that
> can't be included, but I think the registry copy may be corrupt.  I've
> pulled it down three times, and haven't been able to open it in WinZip any
> time.  Until this gets fixed, I recommend deleting MSFAlignmentFormat when
> you check it out; then BioJava compiles fine.

You can find out who checked in a file using `cvs log', or
WebCVS (link from the BioJava front page).

The jakarta-regexp.jar file appears to have been checked
in without the `-kb' flag, which prevents binary files
getting mangled on some platforms.  I've just used the
cvs admin command to add the flag to this file, but it
does mean that some of you will probably need to delete
and re-update this file to get an un-corrupted copy.

Robin (and anyone else): it's probably worth sending mail
to the list before adding any dependancy .jar files.  The
case of a regexp matcher may well be justified, but it's
worth being careful in case we get an explosion of dependancies.

    Thomas.