[Biojava-l] Announcing the BioJava 1.10 release

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:37:25 +0000

The first release from the BioJava 1.1 branch is now available
for download.  Get yours from the normal place:

  http://www.biojava.org/download/

You can also check this release out of CVS using the tag
`release-1_10'.

For those who haven't been following development, the
1.1 branch includes many major improvements over the 1.0
releases, including a new I/O framework and parsing of
Blast and FASTA output.  A more complete list of changes
can be found at:

  http://www.biojava.org/wiki/html/BioJava/BioJavaChanges.html

Thanks go to all of the following, for contributing code
to this release:

  Cambridge Antibody Technology
  Greg Cox
  Thomas Down
  Keith James
  Michael Jones
  Samiul Hasan
  Matthew Pocock
  Mark Schreiber
  Thad Welch

Thanks also to everyone who has used to project, reported
bugs, and made suggestions.

Development is now beginning in CVS for the next major
release of BioJava.  However, for those who require a stable
BioJava platform we expect to make further bugfix-only releases
based on the 1.1 branch for as long as interest continues.

Happy hacking, and enjoy the release!

   Thomas