[Biojava-l] SubSequence (/me bad...)

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:58:04 +0000

Hi...

After calling for a feature-freeze, I've just gone and
checked in a new class, org.biojava.bio.seq.SubSequence.
This allows you to easily construct a view of a Sequence,
including all features in the appropriate region (obviously,
if you don't need features you can just use the subList
method).

In my defence:

  - It's an extremely useful class which we should have
    written ages ago.

  - If you look it, there's almost no new code.  The clever
    functionality is just yet another application of
    ProjectedFeatureHolder.

  - I've written some tests, and everything seems to be
    behaving.

Sorry about this -- but I hope people find it useful,

    Thomas.