[Biojava-l] GappedSymbolList behaviour is wierd, bug ?

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:32:15 +0000

Hi Kalle,

I've fixed the insert bug. It turned out to be a <= round the wrong way
:-( .

<dream>If only we could code algorithmic stuff using symbolic algebra,
and code procedural stuff using syntax like Java - so many bugs would go
away.</dream>

As for the viewToSource method, I've modified this so that it behaves as
per the example below. Code is checked into CVS. You will be able to
access it from the anonymous CVS server some time over the next 1/2 to 2
hours. Please check that this code works for you. I've checked it on 30+
random examples, but there may be a use-case or boundary condition out
there that bites us.

Matthew

indx, viewToSource(indx)

--gc--g-cc-c-tccg---