[Biojava-l] Error with VisualJ++

Petri Pehkonen pehkonen@hytti.uku.fi
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:01:39 +0200 (WET)

Hello,

Thank you for the answer Mark. Only that our department has a license only
for that Microsoft product, so I have to try to use that or order JBuilder
license. I noticed the same things that you mentioned about the Visual J++
when I started to use it. It mixes as little as possible of Java
technology to Microsoft architecture so that the result is a mess. It
looks good when you start with it but it isn't very stabile like pure java
products.

By the way I've tried other classes of that same biojava.jar file and they
work well and the instance is created without any errors. Only that
BlastLikeSAXParser gives the exception when I make a new instance or for
example make some class extend it. Strange!!! Any further comments?

-Petri Pehkonen-
Institute of Applied Biotechnology
University of Kuopio
Finland