[Biojava-l] AceDB

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:53:21 +0100

I've just commited new code to map AceDB sequence objects into BioJava
sequences. It is very ropey code, and I have only checked that it
compiles, not even that it works for a test case. It is checked into
org.acedb.seq package in biojava-acedb. If anybody is keen, it would be
fun to hack the EmblViewer demo to be backed with an Ace sequence. It
should work against the Wormbase c-elegans database - it probably will
barf with other ones. We should look into a generic mechanism for
specifying which ace objects to reflect, and which fields are important
(probably AQL).

I will be off for 2 weeks from tomorrow, so see you all after that.

Matthew

ps for those of you in the Sanger, I have a wormbase directory tree in

~mrp/wormbase/