[Biojava-l] Remote location exception

Michael Muratet michael.muratet@invitrogen.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:45:16 -0500

Thomas Down wrote:

>   - Skip the sequence
>
>   - Skip just that feature
>
>   - Abort the whole job (screaming exception)
>
>   - Create a RemoteFeature
>
>   - Create a truncated feature, with the correct type, but only
>     covering the `local' segments of the actual location.
>
>   - (Anybody think of anything else?)

Note: I've switched to a plain-text editor.

I'll take a look at the RemoteFeature class and see what I can do with
it. From my point of view I'd vote skip the feature and alert the
calling method so that it can do something else, like look for the
translated protein. (Maybe this is a more robust approach to the cds
information, anyway.) I also think that if we as users have any
influence with the curators, maybe we can get them to change to suit us.

Confessing that I have never read the DAS spec, what does it say in a
case like this?

Mike

--
Michael A. Muratet