[Biojava-l] Abducation

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:20:14 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry for being off-line for the last 2 months. My thesis is now written
and I am awaiting the viva.

Since the BioJava boot-camp, David Huen has become intimately involved
in the project, contributing a lot of high-quality code (some of which
even does useful stuff). I think the time has come for me to take a less
responsible position in the project. I've spoken with Thomas and David,
and they are happy to take on more responsibility (OK, so Thomas was
doing a lot of the day-to-day work already).

I guess this makes me the 3rd member of a two-man BioJava team. We will
get biojava root access to one or both of Thomas and David within the
next week, at which time they become the 1st point of contact for things
like read/write access.

I will, of course, continue to actively develope BioJava code, talk
about it when asked and answer questions where I can.

All the best,

Matthew